Information which we obtain about you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We will collect information through the use of our website, including any information submitted through the “Thoughts” page on this website. Further information will be collected when you engage with us to use our services or make enquiries as to the services provided. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and other information relevant to the reason you are contacting us.
Information we collect.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information: (i) technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address in non-identifiable form; browser type, version, and language; browser plug-in types and versions; location information; and the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL).
- We collect the following information when you subscribe to our services: your email address; the page you subscribed from; and the time zone and location (in non-identifiable form) in which you are located.
- We collect the following information when you call our offices: the date, time and duration of the call; other information obtained through our lead reporting software such as IP address and keywords searched.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties in order to allow us to provide our services to you. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, credit reference agencies) and on certain occasions gain information from these third parties that supplements the information we have already received directly from you. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
What we do with your information
We may use your personal information you supply to us in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
It may be necessary for us to share your personal information with other parties. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 and any joint venture;
- selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or where the third party is providing services on our behalf; and
- other third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Security of Personal Data
We are subject to UK law and the Data Protection Act 1998. We will ensure your information is safe and managed appropriately. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) is stored on our servers and is not publicly accessible.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Property Vision understands the importance of protecting your information and so provides relevant protection when you send your information to us over the internet. While we take the necessary steps to make your information safe, please keep in mind that no method of transmission of data over the internet is 100% secure, however we shall notify you if there is a data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
Transmission of Personal Information outside EEA
At present we do not transfer outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) any of the information that you provide to us. However, information is stored on our servers which may from time to time be located in countries outside of the EEA, which may not offer equivalent levels of personal data protection. It may also be necessary in the future for us to share information with our business partners located outside of the EEA. Countries outside the EEA may not always have strong data protection laws. Whenever your information is transferred outside of the EEA we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this Policy and that it is kept secure. If you do not consent to this transfer, then it may not be possible to provide you with our services and you should contact us directly to discuss this matter.
In some cases we may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements and requests from government agencies.
- recognise and track which parts of our website you visit when you are using our website; and
- customise your experience of our website.
Our website logs your IP address and other information about your computer for administrative and security reasons and to collate statistical (non-personal) information about the use of our website.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice - any changes will be notified to you using the email address you have given us and/or by an announcement on this website. Your continued use of this website, following the posting of changes to these terms, will be deemed as your acceptance to these changes.
Controlling your personal information
Once we have collected your information we will continue to store it only for as long as is necessary for the fulfilling of the purposes specified in this policy or as otherwise required by applicable law or regulation. You may choose to control the content or use of your personal information by asking us to:
- Rectify inaccurate personal information
- Send to you a copy of the personal information that we hold about you in a commonly used format such as a word document or compact disc
- Erase personal information which you would no longer like us to store
- Tell you the names of the third parties to whom your information has been shared with
We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to Peter Mackie, Property Vision LLP, 8 Cromwell Place, London, SW7 2JN and we shall respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. We reserve the right to request a reasonable fee where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive.
If you would like to complain about our practices or how your information has been handled you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on their helpline: 0303 123 1113, https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We shall keep records of our information collecting practices for as long as required in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules and processing.