Property Vision Privacy Notice
Property Vision LLP (‘Property Vision’) is responsible for your personal information (referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice). This notice sets out how we handle the information we receive from clients, connected individuals, prospective clients, and people who visit our website. Additionally, it covers other third parties like property vendors or professionals who we work with in the course of our business. Property Vision takes this seriously and will always treat this information with the utmost respect and care.
We’ve updated our privacy notice to reflect the changes in data protection laws.
- What personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- Protecting your information and how long we keep it
- Your information rights
- Marketing and cookies
- How to contact us and further details
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you when you engage us to provide services, visit our website or communicate with us about our services. We also collect personal information from third parties related to the services we provide. When you visit our website, you may click on links to access third party websites or other services. By enabling those connections you may allow third parties to collect and share your information. We do not control these third parties and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
We use the following information:
- your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and communications with us. You may be contractually required to provide certain personal information including for the purposes of Know Your Client checks (see glossary) personal information of individuals connected with you including family or staff members that you have provided to us
- information to help us provide our services to you including property preference and related information
- payment and financial information
- your communications with us including emails and telephony
- information from cookies placed on your connected device
- marketing information including preferences, event attendance and feedback
- technical data that may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system and platform when you visit our website
How we obtain personal information
We obtain personal information in various ways:
- direct contact with you including through telephone, email or in person
- from third parties who provide information in relation to the services we provide
- public sources we use for Know Your Client checks (see glossary)
- through the automated collection of technical data on our website by using cookies
How we use your personal information
We use personal information for a number of purposes:
- to provide you with services
- This applies when you engage us to provide a service to you and will include:
- Know Your Client checks
- to administer and manage our relationship with you including processing payments, accounting and auditing
- to provide you with services as part of your contract and instructions including engagement with professional suppliers in order to complete your property transactions
- obtaining insurance quotations on your behalf
- engaging with third parties to supply products and services to you that you have requested
- This applies when you engage us to provide a service to you and will include:
- to market to you and identify information and services that may interest you
- We’ll promote our services to prospective clients through our website, personal contact, postal and electronic communications. This may include industry news and insights, newsletters, invitations to events or seminars, surveys, information on new services or other initiatives. We collect information about your preferences to ensure that our communications with you are relevant
- to develop our business and build a better understanding of what our customers want
- This means we’ll monitor and improve our services, communications and compliance with our firm’s policies, including obtaining client feedback
- to prevent and detect crime and fraud
- We’ll also use to it ensure that our communications, network and business are secure and to monitor and respond to any security threat
- to meet legal and regulatory obligations
- We might have to release information about you to meet our legal and regulatory obligations including anti-money laundering regulations
The basis upon which we use your personal information
We will use your personal information so we can operate as an efficient and effective business. We use your information to:
- deliver a contracted service to you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where necessary for our legitimate interests (see glossary)
When we use special category information (see glossary), this will be with your consent or where the information has been shared publicly by you. When we use criminal convictions or offence information, this will be because it is necessary for our Know Your Client checks.
Sharing your personal information
Who do we share your personal information with?
Property Vision provides services to international clients with global interests. To provide client services and the day-to-day running of our company, your personal information may be shared with the following third parties:
- professional intermediaries who may refer you to our services
- suppliers of professional services (like lawyers or surveyors) in connection with a property transaction
- with the owner or representatives of properties that may or will be purchased or rented by you
- third parties engaged for professional compliance, accountancy, legal services, administration, research as well as IT product and platform providers
- with social media companies when you connect or communicate with us on LinkedIn for example
- authorities and other bodies where we are subject to a legal or regulatory obligation
The countries we transfer personal information to
We may transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) usually where our clients are based outside the EEA. We will do this only where one of the following applies:
- the transfer country provides an adequate level of protection as per the European Commission
- transfers are to US organisations that are part of the Privacy Shield
- where necessary to fulfil our contract with you (including pre-contractual steps) or a contract with another party in your interests
- when we have your explicit consent
Protecting your information and how long we keep it
How do we protect your personal information?
We have strict security measures to protect your personal information. We follow our security procedures that inform our staff about how we collect, handle and keep information secure. We apply suitable technical measures, such as encryption, to protect your information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep personal information according to our data retention procedure. This sets out the appropriate retention periods for the personal information we hold. In setting these periods, we take account of our legal and regulatory obligations, statutory limitation periods and our legitimate business interests.
Your information rights
You can ask us to correct, complete or delete your personal information as well as stop or restrict its use. You can also ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you. Where we rely upon your consent to use your personal information or transfer it overseas, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make these requests by contacting us. Once we’ve looked at your request, we will let you know when you can expect to hear from us. We will reply electronically unless you ask us to send the information by post.
Further information about your rights can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Marketing and cookies
From time to time, we may send you marketing information we believe is relevant to you. This may include industry news and insights, newsletters, invitations to events or seminars, surveys or information on new services.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. You can also opt out of any marketing email you receive by unsubscribing.
We do not rent or sell personal data to third parties.
We keep our cookies policy under regular review and we will place updates on our website. Our cookies policy was last updated on 25/05/18.
How to contact us and further details
Have you got a question about how we use your information?
You can get in touch with us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
8 Cromwell Place
London SW7 2JN
If you wish to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us and we will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place updates on our website. This privacy notice was last updated on 25/05/18.
Know Your Client – a business process used to identify and verify the identity of its clients. The term is also used with reference to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations governing certain activities.
Legitimate interests – use of personal information necessary for the business interests of Property Vision. This includes marketing our business and providing our services. Please see ‘How we use your information’.
Personal information – any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Special category information – personal data that the GDPR says is more sensitive, and so needs more protection.